General Chapter Information
Our Four Founding Principles
Promotion of Friendship
Development of Character
Advancement of Justice
Diffusion of Liberal Culture
Our principles serve to assist the brotherhood in finding success in every situation we encounter. As such, the principles are truly vital to our continual growth as individual persons. These principles are perfected throughout our lifelong membership in Delta Upsilon. For more information about our four founding principles click here.
Our Relevancy to Campus Life
At this stage in our lives we realize an involvement in a variety of activities plays an important role in personal growth. Therefore we participate in not only University and Greek sponsored activities but also DU events created for and by its members so that each brother receives the most meaningful experiences possible out of his undergraduate career. The main events we do are listed below.
- Welcome Week
- Spring Jam
- Sweetheart Competitions
- Philanthropic Events
- Leadership Development (Undergraduate Interfraternity institute, Greek Speaker, Order of Omega, Emerging Greek Leaders, Greek Ambassadors)
- Intramural Athletics
- Alumni Events (Founder's Day, Rick Bennett Memorial Poker Tournament, Culture Sessions)
- MQ Week
- Social Exchanges
- Philanthropies (YouthLink, Feed My Starving Children, Toys for Tots, Global Service Initiative)
- Brotherhoods (Fall & Spring Formal, FANADU)
- Leadership Development (Leadership institute, Winter Educational Conference, Regional Leadership Seminar, DU Emerging Leaders)
We encourage each of our brothers to become involved and engaged with other university programs ranging from participation in campus intramurals to leadership positions in student groups.
We always strive to be a fraternity above the All-Men's GPA average. We accomplish this by mentoring each other academically as well as providing brotherly counsel for other circumstances that can affect one's academic success.
Traditionally our house has found value and comfort in a membership size of 30 to 40 individuals. We believe that these numbers provide for the best opportunity to execute our four founding principles in building better men.